The hugely popular, Cannes based Sunseeker 116’ has finished up her 5 year Class survey this winter, under the expert guidance of Captain Arvid Ljungberg.
Below are some of the works that take place during this very thorough inspection, which is overseen by the RINA team throughout.
- Shafts and propellers removed, inspected, and measured for thickness. NDT testing of shafts and propeller cones.
- Deep-sea seals inspected.
- Rudders removed and NDT tested.
- Steering gear inspected and tested.
- Sea chests opened, and all sea valves removed, opened, cleaned, inspected, and replaced where necessary.
- Bilge and fire pumps opened, cleaned and inspected.
- Hull inspections throughout.
- Black, grey and fresh water tanks opened, cleaned, and inspected.
- Electrical installation resistance tested (Megger test).
- Main engines, generators, and gearboxes serviced in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations.
- Boroscope inspections of main machinery.
- Engine room alarms tested.
- Ship's alarm and monitoring systems, and fire panel tested.
- General alarm tested.
- Engine room fire dampers, emergency stops, and quick closing valves tested.
- Emergency steering system and emergency communication system tested.
- Testing of all garage safety equipment: gas detector, dampers and sprinkler.
- Blackout test carried out and dead ship conditions and equipment tested.
- Emergency lighting inspected and tested.
- Testing of all main systems: fire, bilge, main engines, diesel generators etc. Inspection of watertight doors and closings.
- Testing and inspection of all lifting equipment.
- Sea trial.
In addition all lifesaving apparatus and firefighting equipment (LSA/FFE) is always thoroughly checked :
- Escape routes, manual call points and fire plan inspected.
- Petrol stowage, ventilation arrangements and equipment inspected.
- Fire detection and alarm system tested.
- Fire detectors inspected and tested.
- Fire insulation integrity inspected.
- Fixed fire fighting system inspected, propellant tanks weighed and tested, portable fire extinguishers inspected and tested.
- Other firefighting equipment inspected and tested.
- Fireman’s outfits and breathing apparatus inspected and tested.
- Emergency controls to fire dampers and ventilation system inspected and tested quick pump-stop controls inspected and tested.
- Liferafts and HRUs inspected and tested.
- Lifejackets and immersions suits inspected and tested.
- Lifebuoys inspected and tested.
- Pyrotechnics inspected.
- Rescue boat inspected and tested.
- Rescue boat launching device inspected and tested.
- Life saving symbols, posters, signage and operating instructions inspected. Instructions for onboard maintenance of LSA and FFE inspected.
- Man overboard (MOB) equipment inspected and tested.
- Pilot boarding arrangements inspected and tested. Safety plan inspected.
Added to the above are thorough inspections of the vessels GMDSS and navigational equipment and for commercial vessels the relevant parts of MLC and crew qualifications.
We would like to thank our local shipyard Rodriguez in Golfe Juan for their efforts in turning these works around smoothly.
For more information on this service and how we might be able to help you please contact email@example.com for more details.